Southern Capitals City Meets Bush summer 2018
Brochure Type: The Australia and New Zealand Book 2018
Explore the wonder Down Under side by side with high-spirited hosts who'll share their sheep-shearing lifestyle, gold rush heritage and sizzling good fun and food at a real Australian Barbie. Ditch the bush for the eclectic city lanes of Melbourne and you have an ace Aussie encounter you'll never forget.
- City tour in Melbourne.
- Orientation of Canberra and Beechworth.
- Visit Parliament House, the Australian War Memorial and a sheep farm in Canberra.
- 4 hot buffet breakfasts (including Be My Guest)
- 1 dinner
- 1 lunch
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most regions or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage, local tips and charges
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays
- All hotel charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (210) 593-5500 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13704402
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 5 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Sydney||Sydney - Canberra: This morning begin your journey to Canberra via the Southern Highlands. Stop at historic Berrima, famous for its gaol and early colonial architecture then visit Gold Creek Station and meet local sheep farmer, Craig Starr, a Local Specialist. Get a taste of life on the farm before you join Craig and his family for a good Aussie barbecue lunch. Your destination is Australia's capital city, where you'll enjoy a tour through Parliament House with a passionate Local Specialist. Later visit the Australian War Memorial for a Cultural Insight and stay to hear an evocative lament. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers tonight and get to know each other over dinner with wine.Welcome Reception, Lunch, Dinner with wine|
|Day 2||Beechworth||Canberra - Beechworth: Before leaving Canberra this morning you'll visit the summit of Mt. Ainslie to take in views of the city and surrounding ranges from the lookout. Then, journey over the mighty Murray River into Victoria. Your destination is historic Beechworth, Victoria's best preserved gold rush town. Your unique overnight stay is in one of the town's quaint local properties. The region offers plenty of great photo opportunities, with towering winter snow-capped mountains, tree-covered ranges, magical lakes, wild rivers and tranquil rural farmlands. Get to know Beechworth with an orientation and enjoy some free time to explore the antique shops, galleries and the museum. Why not enjoy a coffee and delicious treat from the legendary Beechworth Bakery!Buffet Breakfast|
Boutique Country Accommodation Authentic Accommodation
|Day 3||Melbourne||Beechworth - Melbourne (2 Nights): This morning join your host for a Be My Guest breakfast. Later, travel through Glenrowan and Ned Kelly country to culturally diverse and cosmopolitan Melbourne for a city sightseeing tour, where you'll hear all about Melbourne's wonderful history, its famous buildings and sensational shopping. This evening is free for you to do as you wish. Your Travel Director will be able to point you in the direction of some of Melbourne's hottest eateries.Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 4||Melbourne||Melbourne Free Time: Today Melbourne is yours to enjoy. Consider an Optional Experience. You could tour along the breathtaking Great Ocean Road to see the Twelve Apostles. These limestone rock formations up to 45 metres high are the result of 20 million years of erosion. Along the way you'll pass quaint coastal towns and drive through lush tern-fern gullies and towering rainforests in Otway National Park. Or you could visit the Penguin Parade on Phillip Island. Watch the Little Penguins as they battle the surf and make their way to their sand dune burrows to greet their young families. It's easy to understand why this wonderful spectacle is one of Australia's most popular wildlife attractions. Ask your Travel Director for details. This evening, why not indulge in dinner at one of Melbourne's laneway restaurants? These hidden laneways house some of the best restaurants the city has to offer. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Depart Melbourne||Depart Melbourne: Your holiday concludes this morning after breakfast. You will be transferred to Melbourne Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class